Hats Story

08:42


I love HATS, every type of them; Fedora, Panama, Floppy hat, Beret, Cloche, Bowler, Cap,...
Hats add a touch of uniqueness to your attires and a character to your look like nothing else. You can wear them in all seasons according to the texture. 
Hats made from straw are worn in Summer, while those made from felt material are nice for Fall/Winter.
Now, let talk about a little bit of history (read below)

FEDORA: (See picture above)
The fedora hat got its name from the 1882 French play Fedora, by Victorien Sardou. 
During the Prohibition era of the 1920s and 1930s, the fedora came to be associated with gangsters like Al Capone and the detectives who chased them. This stylish piece of headwear was also highly popularized in the films of the 1940s and 1950s, especially by actors playing private investigators.
Famous entertainers like Humphrey Bogart and Frank Sinatra made the fedora part of their film and stage repertoire. Three decades later, the Indiana Jones movie trilogy popularized the Fedora.



PANAMA: (See picture above) A Panama hat (toquilla straw hat) is a traditional brimmed straw hat of Ecuadorian origin. Traditionally, they were made from the plaited leaves of the Carludovica palmata plant, known locally as the toquilla palm.
Panama hats are light-colored, lightweight, and breathable, and often worn as accessories to summer-weight suits. Beginning around the turn of the 20th century, panamas began to be associated with the seaside and tropical locales
Hope you have learned something today. XO
Photos: Me | Karen Blanchard from Where Did You Get That | Natasha Ndlovu from Bisous Natasha 
My Hats: White Panama from Pimkie (4 years ago) | Fedora and Straw Trilby from random stores in Paris

You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. J'aime aussi les chapeaux mais malheureusement mes coiffures ne me permettent pas toujours d'en mettre!
    Merci pour cette lecture!

    xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. your story about hat are really interesting makes me wanna have one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love hats. My favorites are hats from the 1940s and 1950s which I have collected from thrift stores and estate sales. I also am in serious love with fedoras. I have quite a collection going. I really enjoy fashion history. I always learn something new. Your blog is very interesting. If interested in following each other on GFC and Bloglovin I would love it. All the best to you,

    Sharon
    http://www.afashioncrowd.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you should check out Goorin Bros. they have some amazing hats!

    Happy Blogging!
    Fatima
    streetventure.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for taking the time to discuss this, I feel strongly about it and love learning more on this topic. If possible, as you gain expertise, would you mind updating your blog with more information? It is extremely helpful for me.

    Best Hats in NY & Handmade Hats in NYC

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kevin. Thank you for stopping by. I'm glad this post was helpful.
      I collected those information from the internet, you can find all details on google. and make sure you subscribe to my blog as I will be sharing other posts about hats :)

      Delete
  6. Thank you to sharing that. i concur tough points carry on the nice work..

    Modest Skirts & Modest Dresses

    ReplyDelete

Total Pageviews

Let's connect

Translate