48 Hours in New York City

09:05

Photos by me & Flavia Martinez

Visiting New York City during Fall was one of the best experience I had last month. Since I moved to Montreal, I realized that I was only seven hours drive to the city that never sleeps. So I spontaneously decided to go back for 48 hours only. Best decision ever!
Last time I visited the Big Apple was in December 2013 and I didn't really enjoy it because it was freezing, and the streets were too crowded downtown.
Being there in Fall was great. The weather was nice, not warm but not cold as well, just enough to style a light coat.
Here is a glimpse of what I've experienced or what you could do in 48 hours in New York!



THE NEW YORK PUBLIC LIBRARY
Early morning I started my exploration. After being sitting for many hours all night, I stopped by this beautiful library, made with marble stairs and beautiful ceiling paintings.
p.s: there is free wifi there :)



THE BROOKLYN BRIDGE
Take a stroll or bike on the Brooklyn bridge promenade. I don't know how long this bridge is but I enjoyed walking on it with friends. I have to say that it is really hard to get a photo without pedestrians all around.
Take a ride at Jane's Carousel while enjoying the view of the bridge.
Walk around the beautiful Empire Fulton Ferry State park at night,  sit down and admire the most beautiful scenic cityscape ever.  It is a romantic view straight from a movie scene. That was definitely my best part of the trip.


TIME SQUARE
You can't visit New York without stopping by Time Square, right?

CENTRAL PARK
I had a long walk in Central Park, it was my first time being in this park. I have to say that it is very beautiful, romantic and huge. So many places to stop by. Since we visited it at night (the sun goes down too early now), I didn't see the beautiful color of the leaves in Fall. Too bad, I will come back next time.
View of Central Park from Top Of the Rock.


TOP Of THE ROCK OBSERVATION DECK
I was so happy to finally get to the Top of the Rock, the view is absolutely amazing!
If you want to visit in the morning, I recommend going there before 9 am so you can avoid the crowd. I would love to see the same view at sunset and at night, it must be breathtaking.


DUMBO, Brooklyn
My favorite neighborhood in Brooklyn is DUMBO (short for Down Under the Manhattan Bridge Overpass), I really enjoyed walking around the streets, seeing pretty shops, trying some restaurants. We ate tasty pizzas in one of the best pizza place in town called Grimaldi's.
Brooklyn is definitely the place to be in NYC.
photo by @kfoltz

GRAND CENTRAL STATION
I had a quick stop by Grand Central, it is always impressive to be there, seeing the crowd.
Plus it makes me feel like I was in Gossip Girl show.
p.s:Thanks God for the Apple Store there, I was able to charge my phone and use free-wifi :)
photos from previous trip

That's it. Have you visited New York lately? What are your favorite places?
Tell me :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Total Pageviews

Let's connect

Translate